Use the criteria headings on this outline as the headings on your properly APA- formatted paper.
1. NAME: What is the name of the app?
2. AUTHOR: Who created, developed, or maintains the app? Explain.
3. ENDORSEMENT: Is the app licensed by the Food and Drug Administration, other government agency, or endorsed by an academic institution or medical professional organization? Explain.
4. OPERATION: Which platform (mobile or web-based) is suitable for the app and why?
5. AESTHETICS: Is the information displayed in a way that is easy to navigate? Is it easy to use? Can you use it without instructions? Explain.
6. PURPOSE: What is the intended purpose or use of the app?
7. CLINICAL DECISION MAKING: What influence does the app have on clinical decision making? Explain.
8. SAFETY: Is there potential for patient harm? Explain.
10. USER: For whom is the app intended (providers, patients, or others)? Explain.
11. DISTRIBUTION: Is it designed for local use or wider distribution? Explain.
12. CREDIBILITY: How credible are the sources of information? How do you know? Explain.
13. RELEVANCE: How current is the information in the app? When was the last update? Is the content consistent with evidence-based literature or best practices/standards of care? Explain.
PART 2 : Provide one example of an appropriate patient or clinical scenario for this app. The example should include the following details:
– Patient Age-population (Pediatric, Adult, Geriatric)
-Clinical Setting (Hospital, Private Practice, Extended Living Facility)
-History of Present Illness and Diagnosis or Condition
-Provide a detailed description of the app in your example. When will the app be implemented (at the Point-of-care or elsewhere)? Who will use the app? What potential impact will it have on the scenario? Incorporate the critical appraisal information from Part 2. Provide one evidence-based scholarly article as a reference to support clinical decision-making.
This assignment will be graded on the quality of the information, inclusion of one evidence-based scholarly resource, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, and organization based on the required components (see the paper headings and content details in Part 1).
1. The length of the paper is to be between 1,000 and 1,500 words, excluding title page and reference list.
2. APA format is required in this assignment, explicitly for in-text citations and the reference list. Use 12-point Times New Roman font with 1-inch margins and double spacing. See the APA manual for details regarding proper citation. See resources under Course Resources, “Guidelines for Writing Professional Papers” for further clarification.
* Scholarly Sources: Only scholarly sources are acceptable for citation and reference in this course. These include peer-reviewed publications, government reports, or sources written by a professional or scholar in the field. The textbooks and lessons are NOT considered to be outside scholarly sources. For the threaded discussions and reflection posts, reputable internet sources such as websites by government agencies (URL ends in .gov) and respected organizations (often ends in .org) can be counted as scholarly sources. The best outside scholarly source to use is a peer-reviewed nursing journal. You are encouraged to use the
Chamberlain library and search one of the available databases for a peer-reviewed journal article. The following sources should NOT be used: Wikipedia, Wikis, or blogs. These websites are not considered scholarly as anyone can add to these. Please be aware that .com websites can vary in scholarship and quality. For example, the American Heart Association is a .com site with scholarship and quality. It is the responsibility of the student to determine the scholarship and quality of any .com site. Ask your instructor before using any site if you are unsure. Points will be deducted from the rubric if the site does not demonstrate scholarship or quality. Current outside scholarly sources must be published with the last 5 years.
Instructor permission must be obtained BEFORE the assignment is due if using a source that is older than 5 years.