For this unit’s Complete assignment, write a comprehensive scholarly essay (minimum 1500 words) in which you analyze, explain, and apply these concepts in the context of a criminal justice organizational issue. You must incorporate and cite, using correct APA citation format, at least (4) four different scholarly research sources. In-line citations must be used in the body of your essay, and all research sources must be fully cited at the conclusion of your essay. Correct APA citation formats must be used.
The following elements should be included in your essay:
This week’s Read section discusses organizational conflict. Conflict is a naturally occurring part of any organization. Leaders must manage conflict effectively to ensure that the conflict does not adversely affect organizational performance or employee morale. Decision making is also a significant part of the role of a leader. Provide examples from your experience where you dealt with or witnessed conflict in an organizational setting. Then discuss a decision that you have had to make in an organizational setting. You do not have to identify the individuals or the organization specifically. Just provide sufficient detail to orient the reader to the type of organization and the roles of those involved.
• Discuss the nature of the conflict. Using terms and concepts from the readings identify the type of conflict. What effect did the conflict have on the organization?
• Describe how the conflict was managed by the organization. Do you believe that the situation was handled effectively?
• Elaborate on how you would have handled this conflict differently.
• Discuss the decision-making process outlined in the text. Then apply this process to a decision you have had to make in an organizational setting.
• What aspects of the decision-making process did you use to make your choice? How could the process outlined in the text have been used to make your decision more effectively?