BTEC Final Assessment Brief
Introduction You are required to complete all of the following activities provided to pass this assessment. Make sure you read the assessment carefully to achieve the highest grade. At all times, you must work independently and must not share your work with other learners. You must complete an authentication sheet and submit this along with your work.
Scenario 1 Your manager has asked you to write a report and article about Coca-Cola’s Human Resource Planning and its connection to motivating employees.
This is a great opportunity for you to showcase your business knowledge. Your report and article should explore Human Resource Planning, Motivational Theories and business performance.
You must complete ALL activities.
Human Resource Planning
Coca Cola began in 1866 by John Pemberton. He began researching an alternative pain relief for Morphine. He worked with Dr Willis E. Venable on a new formula which consisted of the Kola Bean. Eventually Dr Willis added carbonated water to the formula, and it then
turned into a drink.
Now Coca-Cola is the biggest drinks manufacturer in the world, making a variety of different drinks. Coca-Cola continually updates their products to suit the needs of different customers. The drinks come in a variety of packaging from cans to bottles of different sizes including glass and plastic bottles.
Coca-Cola’s mission is to ‘Be the global leader in the beverage market’ and aims to ‘Refresh the world and make a difference’. They do this by creating drinks that people love and creating a sustainable business with a better shared future that makes a difference in people’s lives, communities, and our planet.
Task 1 – HR Report (Human Resource Planning)
You will need to write a report about the following regarding Coca-Cola’s Human Resources Planning:
● How do they recruit new members of staff?
● How do they check employee’s or business performance?
● What type of training and development does Coca-Cola provide to its employees?
● What types of pay or benefits does Coca-Cola provide?
For the next part of your report, you need to write about how Coca-Cola reviews their HR Practices. You need to include:
● How does Coca-Cola use performance information?
E.g checking if employees have achieved their targets
● Managing business Objectives
● Cost of Human Resources Department.
Task 2 – Newspaper Articles (Motivation & HR Planning)
You are employed by the Dubai Times as a Junior Business Writer. The paper writes articles about businesses in Dubai, both local and international businesses.You have been asked to write one article on motivation and human resource planning. You realise that this is a great opportunity to showcase your understanding of how important people are to business success.
You need to also investigate a large business organisation of your choice that has 250 or more employees. You can choose any large business that has a transparent and easily accessible human resource system
The article should evaluate the human resource processes, motivational strategies and how these link to business success.
You need to consider:
● Can HR Influences be negative?
● Does an HR Department influence how well your business is performing?
E.g sales, meeting objectives both business & employees
● Are there any part of the HR Planning that has a bad influence on your business?
● Which ways can your business improve?
● An explanation of the strategies and how these are used in the selected business to manage and motivate its employees.
● What challenges does your business face when planning or reviewing their Human Resource Practices?
● An explanation of the links between motivation theories/strategies and business performance.
_________________________________________________________________ This activity covers learning aims A and B.
A.P1, P2, M1, D1