Week 3 – Assignment Individualized Professional Development Plan
After reading Chapter 4, find an early childhood teacher who is willing to speak with you as you create an individualized professional development plan based on Table 4.1 in your text. This should take approximately 30 minutes of the volunteer’s time. You may complete this document in person or on the phone, making sure you have provided the teacher with a copy of the document. Using the form, complete section I, rows A–J in Table 4.1 with the volunteer, taking detailed notes. Remember that this is a reciprocal process – it should feel like a conversation, and you should do more listening than talking. Use your notes to type your report, following the structure of Table 4.1.
Include both Parts 1 and 2 in your Individualized professional development plan:
• Part 1: Design a document based on Table 4.1 that will meet the specific needs of your volunteer’s early childhood programs. Make sure to include rows A-J.
• Part 2: Fill out the document to with your volunteer.
The Individualized Professional Development Plan
• Must be at least two double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing CenterLinks to an external site..
• Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of Paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
• Must cite the text as a reference to your created professional development plan form.
o The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible SourcesLinks to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for an assignment.
• Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
• Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.