This assignment consists of a case study in leadership, in which you observe and analyze a leader in your personal world (community, workplace, religious organization, civic organization, etc.). Think through your case study, which should consist of an interview and observation of the leader in action (i.e. running a meeting, or presenting at a community affair).
The assignment will have the following components:
· A selection of someone who holds a significant position in the organization of your choice. (Anetta Steps, Operational Manager, Foundever INC)
· A completed interview with the individual you selected who holds a significant position in the organization of your choice.
· Your Case Study should be thorough and should incorporate all of the topics in the interview questions below. Note: Your topics are not limited to those shown below. If you have additional topics you want to include on your study, you may do so.
· Complete a Case Study Report in a Word document that provides a solid interpretation of the data you collected from your interview.
• Develop a presentation of the findings of your case study with just key points that you want to emphasize from your paper. This should not be exact words from your paper, but a higher level summary of the findings. You should tell a story as to how the individual you interviewed embodies leadership.
Potential topics interview questions:
• What is the background of this person?
• What are his/her traits, abilities, skills, behaviors, relationships, processes?
• What leadership philosophies inform his/ her actions?
• How does he/she describe his/her leadership skills
• What is her/her vision
• How does he/she assess the organizational climate – AND – how does he/she work to influence the organizational climate? (Chapter 8)
• What have been some instances of conflict, and how does this person deal with the conflict?
• What have been some obstacles and how did this person overcome the challenges?