GDECE102– Learning and Development (0-2 years)
GDECE102 Assessment 2: Case Study Analysis (2000 words)
Design appropriate learning and teaching strategies for young children with additional needs in early
Details of task:
• First you need to select a child with an additional need(s) (e.g., language development,
socio-emotional development, physical development, cognitive development) and design
appropriate learning and teaching strategies for this child.
• Provide a rationale that justifies your selected strategies using relevant theoretical
• Connect your discussion to your personal and/or professional experience.
• Clear information and identification of a child with an additional need(s).
• Good discussion of the development of children with additional needs (e.g., language
development, socio-emotional development, physical development, cognitive development).
Children with additional needs may involve children with disabilities (developmental disabilities,
learning disabilities, physical disabilities) and children from diverse cultural and linguistic
backgrounds. Refer to relevant literature.
• Good discussion of at least 2 strategies to support the learning and development of the child with
additional needs at home and/or Early Childhood settings.
• Clear and relevant rationale to support your selected strategies with theoretical perspective(s).
• Good discussion of the strategies in relation to personal and/or professional experience.
• Relevant reference to theoretical perspectives and concepts that have been discussed in the class.
• Accurate referencing using APA style (minimum 5 references)
• Academic English expression – please do proofreading.
4 June 2023,
A – C