Assessment task 3: Written report – annotated bibliography
Assessment 3 builds on your work in the discussion boards (Assessment 2). For this assessment, you will be evaluating four recent journal articles related to your clinical question. You will do this by summarising and evaluating the articles in an annotated bibliography.
• Length: 2500 words±10%
• Due date: Week 12, Sunday 8th October 2023, 23:59:00 ACST
• Learning outcomes: 1, 2, 3, 4.
Using what you have learned from modules 1-6 create a report on an annotated bibliography based on the topic selected in assignment 2. The report needs to contain:
Structure of the written assessment:
briefly introduce the background
information of the topic and the outline of this assignment
main body of the annotated bibliography (4 x relevant and current research
using four separate paragraphs to
evaluate the four selected research articles, the following elements should
What was the study design of the
article: qualitative or quantitative? And which type of qualitative or
What was the aim of the research?
How was the study conducted?
What were the results of the study and
did the study answer the study question/aim?
What are the methodological strengths
and limitations of the study?
How can further improve the
methodological quality of the study?
Overall statement on the applicability
of the evaluated articles to clinical practice
• Using APA 7th reference style
• References list is not included in the word count
• Academic writing, 1st person is NOT acceptable in the annotated bibliography assessment
• An example of an annotated bibliography has been provided to guide your submission format.
• Knowledge of the underpinning principles and theories of research
• Demonstrate an ability to locate and select appropriate literature to answer a healthcare question
• Show critical thinking concerning the selected articles and develop a coherent argument for how they address the specified research question
• Apply academic convention to develop a clear and logical argument within the word limit (+/-10%)