Students are required to record and upload an oral presentation of a structured ethical argument, allowing demonstration analysis and debate of an ethical issue in healthcare.
1. Select one of the following ethical concepts as the focus for your presentation:
2. Briefly introduce and define your selected ethical concept as a general ethical concept in society.
3. Discuss your selected ethical concept as it relates to healthcare:
• Provide details of the viewpoint you are taking
• Justify your viewpoint based on evidence
4. Explain why this issue is a critical concept for ethical healthcare delivery.
5. Identify sources of ethical disagreement that relate to your selected topic – consider the concepts of absolutism, relativism, and pluralism as a starting point.
6. Describe how your selected ethical concept relates to your professional code of ethics/code of conduct.
7. Conclude your presentation with a brief overview of the presentation and the viewpoint shared. Do not include new information in the conclusion.